Hello! My name is Maurice, and I am a Scientific Software Engineer.
Photo sharing inspired by 500px, built with Rails and React-Redux
- Infinitely scrolling photo feed, minimizing loading times through asynchronous requests.
- Remotely stores image uploads in the cloud via AWS S3, providing scalable data storage.
- Responsive design with flexible CSS to accommodate any display size.
Interactive model of the solar system
- Three-dimensional, scale model of the solar system build with Three.js.
- Immersive, free camera movement to explore the solar system and discover information about the planets.
Lightweight DOM manipulation library
- Enables DOM Object selection and manipulation with minimal overhead.
- Function call scheduling and asynchronous requests through common interface.
Solar System Simulator for iOS
- Interactive app showing the planets and the solar system.
- Immersive graphics and fluid animations of the major celestial bodies.
Scientific Software Engineer • Weill Cornell Medicine • New York, NY • since 2017
Developing software tools for genomics and cancer research.
Productivity Consultant • Vitalyst • Bala Cynwyd, PA • 2015-2016
Advised international customers on office software with > 98% user satisfaction ratings
Legal Advisor • JHS Legal • Bochum, Germany • 2013-2015
Programmed database to handle repetitive tasks, allowing 25% higher case load
Business Consultant • inOne consult • Tuebingen, Germany • 2010-2012
Developed business plans for tech startup, succeeding in raising seed capital
App Academy • Full-Stack Web Development • 2016-2017
12-week, immersive full-stack web development bootcamp with <3% acceptance rate
University of Hagen, Germany • Bachelor of Laws • 2006-2010
Minor in Business Administration, classes in Statistics and Business Process Modeling
Get In Touch
I'd love to hear from you - get in touch via LinkedIn anytime!